Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our thriving Endocrine specialty office in working with Endocrinology patients. Endocrine-specific experience is not required as we can train on special needs for this patient population.
This position will provide direct patient care, including diagnosing and treating endocrine disorders including performing examinations, completing screenings, and ordering diagnostics. ACP is Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group, and we offer competitive pay and opportunity for growth.
- Under the supervision of the Physician, the Nurse Practitioner collaborates in providing medical services to patients in accordance with the guidelines of the Arizona State Board of Medical Examiners governing Nurse Practitioners.
- Performs episodic and follow up care and performs exams appropriate to the chief compliant or reason for visit. Obtains a comprehensive health history, identifies medical and health risks and collects relevant subjective data. Orders appropriate diagnostic tests and accurately interprets clinical data. Formulates the appropriate differential diagnoses based on history, physical exam, and clinical findings. Orders appropriate pharmacologic agents.
- Reassesses and modifies treatment plan as necessary to achieve medical and health goals. Includes preventive care in treatment plan. Seeks timely consultation with physician as appropriate. Provides and documents appropriate patient education.
- Performs administrative duties to include medical record and patient confidentiality, specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
- Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation, and follow-through.
- Accurately and thoroughly records or dictates patient medical information including primary medical evaluations, progress notes, histories, and physicals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of managed care plans, formularies, and basic referral requirements.
- Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues. Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow.
- Maintains current medical knowledge with continuing education.
- Promotes excellence in patient relations and customer service, emphasizing compassion, responsiveness, respect, and courtesy.
Graduate of an accredited Clinical Nurse Specialist Program with current license in the State of Arizona and current ACLS certification.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org