Website Arizona Community Physicians
Seeking Qualified Medical Assistants!
Arizona Community Physicians’ (ACP) Medical Assistants provide excellent customer service to our patients by providing skilled and compassionate clinical support.
Apply with us today for the opportunity to join our successful physician owned medical group and grow your career. Our offices vary in size from small to large which provides options to experience and grow in a variety of clinical settings. We offer an internal transfer process which affords our employees to transition into new roles and office cultures to support their interests. We also have an internal float pool and pay a 10% differential to work in the float pool. We welcome both new graduates and experienced MA’s and offer competitive pay!
ACP’s workforce spans across 50+ locations in Tucson, Green Valley and Oro Valley. We are predominantly a primary care medical group with some specialties in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Osteopathy, Endocrinology and Gynecology. Our patient services also include our ACO, Abacus Health, and ancillary services including a lab, testing center and two imaging facilities.
What you bring to the job:
- Medical assisting competency and skills
- Desire and skills to effectively collaborate and provide excellent patient care
- Organizational skills to effectively track and deliver patient care and to manage work flow
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Ability to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
- Competency with establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Proficiency in typing and good spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history, and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding, and keeping patient information confidential.
- Completes specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, documentation, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
- Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation, and follow-through.
- Accurately and thoroughly records patient concerns, phone triage and medication refills in medical record.
- Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow. Prior to appointments, reviews medical records to ensure most recent dictation and lab results are filed.
- Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues.
- Performs other indirect patient services and clerical duties to facilitate the overall management of patient.
If you meet the minimum qualifications:
- A High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.)
- A Medical Assistant Certificate from an approved and accredited educational institution.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental/Voluntary Insurances: Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- Medical Plans: PPO and HDHP w/ Health Savings Account (HSA) including Employer Contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off including Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com