The Patient Support Staff (PSS) role requires graduation from an accredited phlebotomy technician training program. This role requires both clinical skills, including drawing blood and handling other clinical specimens, as well as professional skills to support high-quality patient care. Our role offers phlebotomists growth through performing patient support beyond the traditional blood and specimen collection activities. This includes taking patient vitals, rooming patients, completing point of care testing, making referrals and authorizations, and completing related documentation.
We have many out-patient clinical offices with opportunity to provide excellent patient care while growing your experience. Many of our employees enjoy the long-term relationships we have with patients as well as our local community offices, relationships with the office care team, and personable office cultures.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Perform phlebotomy procedures through venipuncture, syringe, and micro-collection techniques.
- Prepare and process specimens for laboratory testing and analysis.
- Assemble/maintain medical instruments such as needles, test tubes, blood vials and centrifuges.
- Assist patients by helping ease their anxieties with blood draws.
- Room patients which include activities for reviewing medication lists, medical history, social history, and smoking status.
- Perform patient vitals including blood pressure, weight, height, oxygen, and pulse readings.
- Perform point of care testing procedures.
- May perform referrals to specialists and authorizations.
- Complete documentation as required.
- Follow HIPAA guidelines as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Graduation from an accredited phlebotomy technician training program.
- Aptitude for learning computer systems including electronic healthcare records system (EPIC).
- Proficient computer skills including e-mail systems.
- Excellent judgment and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service, emphasizing responsiveness, respect, and courtesy.
- Ability to maintain emotional control, calmness and professional demeanor.
- Ability to adapt to changes in job duties and the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com