Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in systems management and user support. Our IS Department is comprised of a skilled team of application and systems support and management professionals. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
The EHR Applications Analyst is responsible for supporting and configuring our electronic health records system. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Researches to develop, configure, and modify moderately complex information systems
- Coordinates all testing phases of associated applications during implementations and upgrades
- Support end users with application support and assess departmental needs and objectives
- Review changes with upcoming developments in software applications and perform upgrades
- Communicate software problems and issues to vendor support teams
- Monitor and support application interfaces
- Designs, tests and modifies complex systems, modules and/or approaches and required enhancements
- Perform complex coding, reviewing, preparing test data, testing and debugging and implementing of system building
- Perform complex analysis and troubleshooting for various clinical and business applications and have a solid understanding of workflows across applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position includes training provided by Epic educators and will require the selected candidate pass prescribed tests to become Epic certified, allowing access to and support of Epic application(s).
- Strong understanding of healthcare business process and technology
- Basic understanding of clinical workflows and terminology
- Healthcare IT experience in an ambulatory setting
- Working knowledge of IT solutions and interfaces
- Familiarity with HL7 Interface messaging
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including instructional and presentation skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Very strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience with ancillary clinical IT systems
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Business, Healthcare, or related field OR a minimum of five (5) years’ experience working as an electronic health records system analyst (clinical experience highly desired).
- Two (2) years’ experience administering, configuring, and/or supporting in one or more Epic application(s)
- Two (2) years’ working experience and knowledge of clinical application design, configuration, set-up, and troubleshooting
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org