Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 900 employees. Our group includes 170 providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We are located in 52 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our Billing Department is currently seeking qualified candidates to join our collaborative team in delivering excellence in Patient Collection. Our Billing Department is a large team with over thirty members and we currently have a full-time position available. This position is located in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
Responsible for the integrity, accuracy, and timeliness of the Patient Accounting section in order to maximize net professional revenues of the group physicians while providing outstanding customer service to both patients and staff. Under direct supervision, responsible for timely follow-up with patients and third party payors.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent and works with minimum supervision to solve issues and problems. Minimum one year experience in billing, collections and/or reimbursement. Shows ability to be a team player and task follow through.
Moderate – During an 8-hour day will typically spend six to seven hours sitting in continuous periods of 60 minutes or more, viewing a PC monitor and utilizing a computer keyboard. Heavy use on telephones for prolonged periods while performing reimbursement duties. Frequent walking and standing in addition to occasional lifting, bending and stooping with up to 20 pounds (boxes of paper, records or equipment).
Job Duties and Standards
- Position Accountabilities
- Correct and submits insurance claims in a timely manner. Claims should be checked, corrected and submitted within 24 hours of printing.
- Ensure the integrity and timeliness of workflow by making sure claims are mailed out promptly and submitted with accurate information.
- Verify the integrity of all claims as needed in order to maintain the quality and accuracy of claims.
- Collects and reviews all patient insurance information needed to complete the billing process.
- Completes all necessary insurance forms (i.e. HCFA 1500) to process the proper billing information in a timely manner as required by all third party payers.
- Submits all paper claims and supporting documentation as required by payors.
- Report any problem, concerns, trends or issues with Supervisor by monitoring the integrity of claims.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal relations in dealing with fellow employees, Supervisors, Physicians, Management so that productivity and positive employee relations are maximized
- Maintains current knowledge of third party billing, documentation guidelines, reimbursement and contract administration.
- Keep others in Business Office informed of third party billing updates, documentation guidelines, and reimbursement and contract administration.
- Serve as a liaison with payers and patients by being available to answer questions, handle situations as they occur and meet with insurance reps regularly.
- Providing the highest-level customer service to patients and other ACP staff by following through on phone calls, site questions or concerns and account inquiry concerns. Resolves patient complaints and requests regarding insurance billing and initiates accurate account adjustments.
- Follows all billing problems to conclusion.
- Attend and participate in required meetings as requested.
- Performs all duties as assigned.
- Promotes excellence in patient relations and customer service, emphasizing compassion, responsiveness, respect and courtesy.
- Acknowledges patients and visitors as soon as they are seen by making eye contact and smiling.
- Asks questions to determine their needs rather than assuming. This will hold true for patients arriving at the business office or calling.
- Uses active listening skills, getting information and summarizing to check understanding.
- Looks for opportunities to exceed patient’s expectations by acting promptly, involving patient where solutions are needed.
- Confirms patient’s satisfaction with service or course of action, and commits to follow-through.
- Works harmoniously with others, demonstrating a commitment to achieving common goals.
- Responds positively to work-related requests from others.
- Willingly shares knowledge and serves as a resource to co-workers.
- Communicates in a manner that promotes trust and mutual respect.
- Refrains from gossip, criticism, breach of confidentiality and other behaviors that would undermine good working relations.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com