Front Office Specialist – for Pediatrics Medical Outpatient Care Office
Our Medical Front Office Specialists provide excellent customer service to our patients by providing skilled and patient- welcoming administrative support. We have Front Office positions across our 50+ clinical offices and in our ancillary services.
Our offices vary in size from small to large which provides options to experience and grow in a variety of settings. We offer an internal transfer process which affords our employees to transition into new roles and office cultures to support their interests.
Performs administrative and customer-service responsibilities encompassing a variety of duties which support patient care and clinical operations. Duties include patient-facing responsibilities in-person and/or telephonically and electronically. Responsibilities may vary daily depending on clinical site, workflow structure and patient needs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Provide excellent customer service to patients, patient family members, business representatives, and other visitors to our clinical offices through positive interactions with greetings and quality support as needed.
· Effectively manages reception area traffic and patient flow by having an organized work area and system for arriving patients.
· Arrive patients and complete check-in process involving registration and appointment scheduling which includes obtaining legible photocopies of insurance cards, accurate data entry, insurance verification, collecting co-pays, record-keeping, and forms completion.
· Perform daily cash handling/cashiering which includes balances all encounters and end of day cash/credit card processes.
· Follow practice guidelines for patient walk-ins and vendors without appointments and other exceptions to the clinic schedule.
· Interface with back-office personnel and physicians in facilitating patient flow. This includes collaborative teamwork together to meet patient care and business needs.
· Answer phones, route calls, take messages and manage voicemails to ensure communication is fluid and accurate.
· Appropriately handle high priority calls (urgent triage, physicians, hospitals) during clinic hours according to practice guidelines.
· Manages in-basket messages effectively in patient electronic health record system.
· Generate appointment schedules and encounters before clinic begins and follows proper start-of-day procedure for cash drawer.
· Prior to appointments, reviews medical records to ensure most recent dictation and lab results are filed.
· Annotate no shows, cancellation, and add-on appointments appropriately.
· Communicate arrivals and delays to back office.
· Maintain up-to-date resource manuals and related materials (contract, ancillary and vendor grids; eligibility rosters).
· Manage medical records requests, complete forms, facilitate fax requests, scan documents into patient records as required.
· Ensure cleanliness of reception area.
· Maintain HIPAA compliance (patient-confidentiality requirements) as required.
· Other duties as required.
· Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
· Prefer at least one year of experience in an administrative support role with responsibility for multitasking, and detail-oriented tasks.
· Prefer experience working with the public providing customer service.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications.
· Proficient in typing and good spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communication.
· Skills in organization, prioritization, and multi-tasking.
· Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families.
· Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation.
· Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical staff and peers.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com