Website Arizona Community Physicans
Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) is a successful physician owned medical group. We have job opportunities for Medical Assistants across our clinical offices which span from the Northwest area of Tucson to Central and East locations as well as the Southwest and Green Valley. Our offices vary in size from small to large which provides options to experience and grow in a variety of office settings. We offer an internal transfer process which affords our employees to transition into new roles and office cultures to support their interests. We also have an internal float pool and pay a 10% differential to work in the float pool. Float pool employees work across the company to support offices as needed. In some offices we have opportunities for Medical Assistants to work a combined role as both Medical Assistant for the Back Office and as a Front Office Specialist which affords additional variety in the role.
Apply with us today!
Performs both scribe and medical assistant responsibilities, encompassing clinical, technical and administrative duties which support patient care and clinical operations. Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient. Responsibilities may vary daily depending on physician and patient needs.
- Accompany physician into the patient examination room in order to transcribe and document the physician’s encounter with the patient and others present.
- Accurately and thoroughly document medical visits and procedures as they are being performed by the physician including but not limited to:
- Patient medical history and physician exam
- Procedures and treatments performed by healthcare professionals
- Patient education and explanations of risks and benefits
- Physician diagnoses, prescriptions and instructions for patient or family members for self-care and follow up
- Proper diagnoses and symptoms as well as follow up instructions and prescriptions as specified by the physician
- Transcribe patient orders including laboratory tests, radiology tests, medications, etc.
- Adhere to company policies and scribe documentation and attestation requirements.
- May also transcribe dictated physician notes into electronic health records system.
- Collaborate with other medical office staff to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Verifies patient information by interviewing patient, recording medical history and confirming purpose of visit.
- Prepares patients for examination by performing preliminary physical tests; taking blood pressure, weight, and temperature; reporting patient history summary.
- Secures patient information by completing and safeguarding medical records, completing diagnostic coding and procedure coding and keeping patient information confidential.
- Completes specimen labeling and routing, ancillary referrals, documentation, supply and pharmaceutical ordering, consent forms and waivers.
- Maintains up-to-date resource materials (contract, ancillary and vendor grids; eligibility rosters, formularies).
- Maintains organized system for timely call backs, related documentation and follow-through.
- Accurately and thoroughly records patient concerns, phone triage and medication refills in medical record.
- Reviews appointment schedules in advance to anticipate problems with patient flow. Prior to appointments, reviews medical records to ensure most recent dictation and lab results are filed.
- Communicates effectively with front office staff regarding same day appointments, changes to schedule and related issues.
- Assists with effective medical records management by accurately completing requests for charts, and out guide cards and returning medical records to file room expeditiously.
- Maintains supply stock in exam rooms and overall inventory of supplies and pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains logs and records as required by OSHA/CLIA regulations.
- Performs other indirect patient services and clerical duties to facilitate the overall management of patient.
- Demonstrates competency in carrying out prescribed treatment plan and monitoring patient’s condition.
- Demonstrates competency in performing EKG, holter, treadmill, peak flow, pulse oximetry, spirometry, ear lavage, vitals, collecting and preparing lab specimens, in-office laboratory tests, sterilizing equipment and instruments, administering injections and medications, drawing blood, handling and disposing of contaminated supplies, removing sutures and changing dressings.
Demonstrates competency in assisting with procedures by well executed arrangement of exam room, equipment and instruments. Demonstrates thorough understanding of OSHA/CLIA guidelines regarding universal precautions, bio hazardous safety and infection control.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification: National Certification is not required, but a certificate from an accredited Medical Assistant (MA) program is required.
Minimum Experience: Six months as a Medical Scribe or six months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer one year of experience as Medical Assistant in primary care setting and experience working with patient electronic health record systems.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, physiology, diagnostic procedures, pharmacology and treatment assessments to the extent required to understand and accurate transcribe during patient visits and from dictated notes
- Understanding of physical exam process and ability to record exam details
- Computer proficiency and ability to quickly learn new applications
- Proficient in typing and good spelling, punctuation, grammar and oral communication
- Must be able to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete and concise fashion
- Organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient flow
- Professional demeanor and recognition of privacy considerations for patients and families
- Must be able to act calmly and effectively in a busy or stressful situation
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with medical staff and peers
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com