Arizona Community Physicians
ACP’s workforce spans across 50+ locations in Tucson, Green Valley and Oro Valley. We are predominantly a primary care medical group with some specialties in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Rheumatology, Dermatology, Osteopathy, Endocrinology and Gynecology. Our patient services also include our ACO, Abacus Health, and ancillary services including a lab, testing center and two imaging facilities.
Provides information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by conducting medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses.
Education: Bachelor degree in related field or Associate degree with work experience equivalent. Must have course work and knowledge in chemistry, biology, and/or microbiology.
Other Qualification: MLT or MLS program graduate
Preferred Experience/Qualifications: One year of experience in a medical laboratory.
Demonstrates thorough knowledge of ACP laboratory policy and procedure in performing administrative duties to include specimen labeling, logging, data entry, and supply ordering. Maintains organized system for managing specimens to facilitate their timely processing. Accurately enters pertinent information on all in-coming specimens. Processes, separates and delivers specimens to appropriate area of the laboratory. Maintains up-to-date resource manuals and materials for OSHA, CLIA and health plan contracts. Maintains supply stock in lab and overall inventory of supplies.
- Determines normal and abnormal components of body fluids by conducting chemical analyses of blood, urine, and other body fluids.
- Analyzes blood cells by counting and identifying cells, using microscopic techniques and procedures.
- Identifies bacterial infections using a variety of biochemical and molecular methods to determine organisms that cause infection. Tests the strength and virulence of microbes.
- Ensures operation of analyzers, centrifuges, microscopes, and other laboratory equipment by calibrating; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains laboratory supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Conserves laboratory resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides medical technology information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares reports of technological findings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control and hazardous waste policies and protocols; following identification procedures.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects the company by keeping information confidential.
Promotes excellence in customer service, emphasizing compassion, responsiveness, respect and courtesy. Asks questions to determine needs rather than assuming. Uses active listening skills, getting information and summarizing to check understanding. Looks for opportunities to exceed expectations by acting promptly.
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan
- Employer-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Supplemental/Voluntary Insurances: Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- Medical Plans: PPO and HDHP w/ Health Savings Account (HSA) including Employer Contribution
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Paid Time Off including Paid Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org