Reporting to our Associate Director of Clinical Operations, this is a newly created position to help drive efficiencies in our patient care practices specific to health care records management. This position offices in our central services office and maintains patient care records to include: creating, scanning, locating, merging, logging, retrieving, and delivering medical records. Also responds to outside requests for medical records information.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General clerical skills
- Understanding of basic PC windows applications.
- Prefer six months of experience working as a medical records clerk in a clinic or outpatient setting
- Supports the Operations Department with Health Information Management processes. Duties will include scanning documents, moving, and sorting documents into the Document Management System that will then become a permanent document in the Patient Medical Record.
- Work the “Unknown Documents” reports in the Document Management System at times to support the sites.
- Upload medical records from CD’s or other media devices.
- Research and complete chart merge requests as submitted by ACP employees within 48 hours of receipt.
- Respond to incoming medical record requests, utilizing Ciox to complete this task, unless requested to complete on site by Supervisor or Compliance.
- Serve as liaison between sites and Ciox for follow up questions on medical records requests.
- Monitor turnaround time and will be involved in correspondence with Ciox monthly.
- Assist in the management of medical records at the main location as well as offsite medical records storage, including tracking, retrieval, filing and chart destruction.
- Maintain organized work area and efficient system for responding to chart requests, alphabetizing loose filing, and routing incoming correspondence and test results for provider review.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of ACP guidelines for medical record confidentiality and release of information.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing medical office software relating to function keys, search and queries, patient registration and report generation.
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing office equipment to include computer, scanner, printers, fax machine, photocopier, and telephone system.
- Works harmoniously with others, demonstrating a commitment to achieving common goals. Responds positively to work-related requests from others. Willingly shares knowledge and serves as a resource to co-workers. Communicates in a manner that promotes trust and mutual respect.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org