Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) and its Abacus subsidiary are physician-owned and driven nationally recognized leaders in value-based care. The organization cares for almost 200,000 patients across 52 sites in the greater Tucson area.
The Abacus team is focused on providing better care to individuals, improving the overall health of the community, and lowering costs. Abacus identifies opportunities to improve patient care and outcomes by designing and implementing programs that support their goals.
The Financial Analyst helps shape the organizations approach to patient wellness by identifying and quantifying opportunities for improvement. The successful candidate needs to be able to analyze and model data in support of the goals. The position tracks internal and external data to measure actual results against targets and forecasts.
This is an on-site position in our Executive Management Office.
The Financial Analyst has primary responsibility for tracking performance and key patient care metrics and financial incentives. The position works closely with the ACO Director to:
- Analyze and provide data and analyses in support of ACP’s patient care goals and contractual obligations.
- Evaluate and recommend incentive programs that enhance patient care.
- Track and analyze industry/market/regional trends to assess potential impact to ACP/Abacus financial performance.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining system/process to allocate value-based funds to individual physicians
- Develop tools to track total compensation for each payer compared to industry benchmarks
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compile and analyze financial information to audit and review value-based payments
- Develop models to track and project performance against contractual targets and identify opportunities for process improvement
- Review, investigate, and correct errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- May be assigned special projects and additional duties
- Maintain summaries for all contracts with key performance dates and targets
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other closely related field
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis principles
- Experience and expertise using advanced Excel features and techniques
- Knowledge and expertise in analysis and presentation of data
- Ability to evaluate data integrity and quality to ensure accuracy
- Critical thinking, attention to detail, analytical, quantitative and communication skills
- Comfortable working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent judgment and ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people
- Prefer experience working in the healthcare industry
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org