Become part of Arizona Community Physicians (ACP), Arizona’s largest and most successful physician-owned medical group. ACP is a patient-centered organization consisting of approximately 900 employees. Our group includes 150+ providers in the specialties of family medicine, internal medicine, geriatrics, pediatrics, endocrinology, rheumatology, dermatology, and gynecology. We have 58 locations of varying sizes in Tucson, Oro Valley, and Green Valley. Our dynamic group offers lots of opportunities for professional growth and personal satisfaction.
Our IS Department is currently seeking a qualified candidate to be part of our collaborative team. This position is in our Executive Central Business Office where employees enjoy a casual and professional work environment.
The Epic Educator assists with the development and facilitation of the Epic training program for physicians, clerical, clinical, and administrative staff. The Epic Educator utilizes Computer Based Training (CBT), train-the-trainer techniques, lesson plans, and classroom instruction to ensure that targeted staff can effectively use the Epic system.
In addition, the Epic Educator uses their interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills to work with various internal and external stakeholders to implement and deliver successful Epic training. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Creates, updates, and enhances Epic training documentation including course curriculum, course objectives, quick start guides, tip sheets, proficiency assessments, and post-training support materials.
- Designs and facilitates Epic training through a variety of methods including hands-on classroom instruction, demonstrations, computer/web-based training, workshops, and train-the-trainer sessions.
- Administers oral and/or written proficiency assessments and training exercises. Ensures trainees understand course objectives and successfully meet those objectives.
- Develops and maintains computer-based training programs for non-lecture training delivery.
- Maintains training class registrations, confirmations, proficiency scores and survey responses. Develops and maintains training schedules, secures training tools, and coordinates class schedules based on departmental needs.
- Reviews course evaluations with management staff and adjusts training schedule, content, and facilitation based on course evaluation feedback.
- Supports development, testing, and maintenance of the Epic’s live and training environments.
- Provides onsite support for physicians, clerical, clinical, and administrative staff during the go-live and post go-live timeframe.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare information technology, healthcare administration or other closely related field OR minimum of three years as an EMR super user OR two years’ experience in training, information technology, and/or healthcare operations.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Captivate, and other multimedia training resources.
- Strong knowledge of adult learning principles.
- Strong public speaking, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to achieve program goals for Epic training design and implementation.
- Ability to interact and communicate with a variety of people in group and one-on-one settings.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations throughout the greater Tucson area, as needed.
- Previous experience as an Epic credentialed trainer.
- Ability to thrive in a self-directed, fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment.
- Strong time management and classroom management skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to serve as a mentor for other members of the team and to be coached and mentored to reach your fullest potential.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com