Arizona Community Physicians (ACP) is looking for a strong patient care manager to lead our Care Coordination team in the delivery of value-based care and population health programs. This is a great opportunity for both strategic leadership and hands-on management in furthering our deliverables for excellence in patient care. ACP is a successful physician-owned medical group in southern Arizona and has a wholly owned subsidiary Affordable Care Organization (ACO), Abacus. This position is a key leadership role within our ACO and will interface with a variety of stakeholders.
Leadership/managing responsibilities concentrate on value-based care and population health for ACP patients. Working under the direction of the ACO Director and ACO Medical Director, leads a team of Care Coordinators and provides direction, mentoring and performance management. Serves as the lead role in the design and delivery of care coordination programs and activities. Facilitates successful delivery of care coordination services which includes aligning processes to protocols and meeting target metrics. This position requires leadership aptitude; strong people-relations and management skills; aptitude for managing detailed processes, programs and data; and exceptional communication skills to effectively work with diverse populations and stakeholders.
Responsibilities – Responsible for all Abacus/ACP Care Coordination Programs
- Develops, directs and enhances targeted programs and strategies to improve health, functional or quality of life outcomes for ACP patients – includes program overall objectives, policies, and operating plans
- Assists with the development of quality outcome measures and ongoing tracking, reporting needs
- Reports quantifiable impact, quality of care and/or quality of life improvements as measured against program goals
- Manages staff including interviews, hiring, training, evaluating performance; manages performance and other employee-concerns as appropriate; delegates work assignments effectively
- Promotes health care services that are produced in a cost-effective manner
- Provides assistance in resolving concerns about service delivery or providers
- Consults with and advises management/administration of concerns related to operation of programs; recommends changes in administrative policies to carry out program objectives more effectively
- Supports operations promoting CMS evidenced-based care, assuring patient access, patient rights, and transitions in care
- Establishes and maintains professional working relations with referral sources, community resources and care providers
- Assists with the education of key providers & community stakeholders as to programs & services
- Maintains compliance with regulations governing healthcare entities and rules of accrediting bodies by monitoring operations and initiating changes where required
- Adheres to ACP/Abacus organizational, safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards
- Works harmoniously with others, demonstrating a commitment to achieving common goals. Communicates in a manner that promotes trust and mutual respect. Maintains a professional demeanor in dealing with conflict and difficult issues. Adapts to changes in job duties and workplace with a positive and cooperative demeanor.
- Must travel to clinical worksites/business partners (i.e., hospitals) and facilitate meetings as needed outside normal business hours to accommodate provider and staff schedules/business needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum of two (2) years of case management experience; preferably in a management role.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing with a current RN licensure permitting work in the State of Arizona or Bachelor’s degree in Public or Population Health or equivalent
- Base knowledge of Evidence Based Medicine, Value Based methodologies and overall understanding of ACO’s.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills including professionalism and courtesy
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to manage questions and to work with a diverse employee population
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office
- Valid Arizona driver’s license
- Knowledge of care management techniques, tools and responses required to ensure optimal patient care.
- Knowledge of processes and procedures for patient and population management
- Skill in evaluating performance and recommending improvements
- Experience in managing and training staff
- Ability to respond to sensitive and/or confidential inquiries or complaints from regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations or write articles for publication that conforms to prescribed style and format
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to calculate figures and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs and apply basic algebraic concepts
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to manage multiple co-existent projects, multi-task as needed
- Skill in independent follow-through of assignments
· Competitive pay
· 401(k) with Employer Match and Profit-Sharing Retirement Plan
· Employer-paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Supplemental/Voluntary Insurances: Short Term Disability, Life and AD&D
· Medical Plans: PPO and HDHP w/ Health Savings Account (HSA) including Employer Contribution
· Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
· Employee Assistance Programs
· Paid Time Off including Paid Sick Time
· Paid Holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com